Take Home Tips
- Always try to buy organic locally sourced foods i.e. farmer’s markets/farm shops
- Try to eat grass fed meats where possible to boost your Omega 3 and vitamin K2 levels
- Boost your digestion with a good probiotic like our Biocare Bio- acidophilus for adults and our Infantis powder for babies to support their delicate digestive system.
- Take a good Omega 3 supplement like Nordic Oil. It is triple filtered so contains no mercury or heavy metals that some cheaper brands may contain. This makes it safe for pregnant women and children
- Add a vitamin D3 supplement to your diet throughout the winter or go on sun holidays regularly!!
- Try to reduce the amount of grains and dairy your family eats by having a wheat/dairy free day every week
- Begin to read the ingredients lists of the foods you buy, if you don’t recognize anything or if its not a food don’t buy or eat it!!
- Avoid foods with artificial sweeteners, glucose fructose syrup, invert sugar syrup, and corn syrup – read the ingredients of things like ketchup, beans, biscuits, cakes and no added sugar drinks
- Be strict with what you allow your children to eat
- Add fermented foods to your diet.
For further information on many of the different topics we would highly recommend the following resources:
- Forks over knives
- Hungry for change
- Fat, sick and nearly dead
- Sweet misery (all about artificial sweeteners)
- How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy – Paul Chek
- Primal Blueprint – Mark Sisson
- Sweet Deception – Joseph Mercola
- Generation XL – Joseph Mercola
- Why We Get Fat: And What to do About it – Gary Taubes
- The Diet Delusion – Gary Taubes
- Changing Habits, Changing Lives – Cyndi O’Meara
If there is any one you know that would benefit from attending any of our Eat Well, Move Well and Think Well talks then please contact the clinic on 01443 773737 to reserve their seat on the next scheduled talk – these workshops are open to patients and general public alike at no cost so you can educate and empower those around you to a lifetime of better health...