Chocolate Beetroot Brownies
- 161g coconut oil
- 150g organic maple syrup
- 50g cacao butter
- 1 raw beetroot, peeled & finely chopped in food processor
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 120g Ground Almonds
- 3 eggs (beaten in a separate small bowl)
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 3 teaspoons Gluten free baking powder
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Peel and quarter the beetroot and pulse in a food processor until its finely chopped (it will resemble a sloppy beetroot dip).
- Then add coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao butter & beetroot into a saucepan on really low heat and stir for a couple of minutes until all combined and it resembles a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Mix together the ground almonds, cocoa powder, coconut palm sugar and baking powder in a large bowl until combined.
- Then add the beaten eggs and chocolate/beetroot mix to the bowl and stir until completely combined, then add your chocolate chips making sure they are evenly dispersed.
- Pour the mix into the lined cake tin top with your nuts or dried fruit and pop in in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through. Leave to cool before removing from tin.
Back to recipes