- 3 cups almond flour 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 5 eggs, tempered to room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 cups carrots, grated and chopped finely 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 160 Degrees ̊C. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and the spices. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, honey and coconut oil. Once blended, add in the carrots and walnuts. Make sure the eggs are not cold as it will make the coconut oil become solid if they are.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the larger bowl of dry ingredients, stirring constantly.
- Grease two 9 inch pie dishes and pour equal portions of the batter into each. Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Allow the individual cakes to cool for at least 20 minutes. Do so to prevent the cakes from melting the icing.
- Once cooled, remove the cakes from the baking dish and place one on a large serving plate.
- Ice the top and side surfaces of the cake. Stack the other cake on top of the iced one.
- Ice all exposed surfaces of this cake. Add additional icing to the seam where the two cakes connect if desired.
Back to recipes